Most body composition problems are a nutrition problem, not a training problem.
Are you trying to out exercise your diet?
It’s probably a good idea to start thinking of your gut as a garden – in which you grow good things and keep out pests.
Medical research is showing that today’s children might be the first generation expected to live shorter lifespans than previous generations:
- Autoimmune diseases – such as Alzheimer’s, MS, osteoporosis, and Parkinson’s – have become the third leading cause of death behind heart disease and cancer. THIRD…
- There are over 250,0000 people now have diabetes or pre-diabetes. And this number is rising.
- Chronic diseases now count for 80% of deaths in NZ.
Millions of people suffer from autoimmunity but don’t realise it.
Autoimmune often begins with subtle weaknesses:
- Weight gain
- Brain fog
- Mood problems
- Skin irritations
It can sometimes take decades for a distinct diagnosis to be made and studies show that women in particular may have to visit their GP 8-10 times before getting the correct treatment.
Consumption of products the body finds irritating can create inflammation, and the body starts attacking healthy tissues mistakenly and autoimmune responses occur.
Autoimmunity is actually a spectrum, and many people experiencing low-energy are already on it.
Here’s the good news:
- Approximately 85% of the risk of disease comes down to environmental or behavioral factors (that means, on average, only 15% of disease risk is genetically driven).
- Many autoimmune conditions can be reversed through a series of lifestyle upgrades, including an anti-inflammatory diet.
An anti-inflammatory diet is a strategic course of daily eating that reduces ingestion of irritating foods:
- Those who remove sugar and dairy from their daily diet sometimes experience a dramatic improvement of symptoms.
- Removing flour can also sometimes help. Grains and flours contain lectins – the irritants plants create to discourage insects and other predators – that can antagonize an intestine’s lining and microbiome in bodies with an already fatigued immune system.
Eat more sensible protein choices, vegetables and eat less ultra processed foods.
Looking for a solution? Message me. I can help you.